IBAN is an active member of the Insurance Brokers Association of Canada (IBAC). IBAC provides leadership to the following initiatives:
- The Broker Identity Program – the industry’s national marketing program raises the public profile of the independent insurance broker across Canada.
- Political Advocacy - IBAN takes an active role in the lobbying of our MPs and Senators regarding consumer protection and industry viability.
- Professional designations – it is only through IBAC that members may earn the CAIB, CCIB and CPIB designations
By becoming a member you have access to a series of designations and courses at discounted member rates. Plus you get access to:
- Broker specific education, developed by brokers for brokers
- Professional Credentials – CAIB, CCIB and CPIB
- Seminars focusing on industry specifics and soft skills designed to help brokers to remain competitive.
Membership in IBAN provides you with access to a number of initiatives designed to help your business achieve success:
- The Broker Identity Program (BIP)’s registered trade mark - the Bipper, which has come to represent professional unbiased advice, choice, insurance that meets the consumer’s needs and on-your-side advocacy. Only members of IBAN can use the “Bipper” on letterhead, business cards, websites, business signage and promotional items. Plus you’ll receive a package of Bipper material including signage and social media videos and ads for use in your brokerage.
- Members also receive the Atlantic Broker Magazine; mention on the IBAN website under Find a Broker and in the Atlantic Directory.
- CSIO (Centre for Study of Insurance Operations) is Canada's industry association of property and casualty insurers, brokers and software providers. Through IBAN membership you gain access to CSIO technology and forms that will help you manage the information that drives your business. http://www.csio.com/
IBAN members can choose to participate in the following program:
- Broker Errors and Omissions Plan. IBAN members receive preferred rates and expanded coverage on the insurance of their own businesses.
IBAN is continually looking for Board members to ensure the succession of the Association. By joining a committee, serving on the YBN, or acting as part of the Board of Directors you are not only enhancing your professional status, but you are working with others who have the same goal in mind – to increase the broker profile. If you feel you have the time and dedication to commit, please contact IBAN directly.